A. Membership. The Administrative & Finance Committee shall be comprised of (5) five County Board Supervisors, (1) one of which would be a member of the Executive Committee.
B. Oversight. The Administrative & Finance Committee shall confer and have policy making responsibilities for the following Departments: County Clerk, County Treasurer, Director of Finance, and MIS.
C. Duties and Responsibilities. Shall have oversight of the County Budget and transfer of funds per the County Budget and Accounting Polices and be consistent with §65.90 of the Wisconsin State Statutes, as they may be amended from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Examine all claims against the County as referred to the committee.
2. Provides oversight for all routine County financial matters including review and approval of: audit reports, investments, insurance policies, bonding, contingency funds, and recommends budget amendments to the County Board
3. Review on a monthly basis the Treasurer’s report on County investment activities per §59.62, Wisconsin Statutes.
4. Evaluate and make recommendations to the County Board on the issuance of new debt, refinancing existing debt, and authorizing debt repayment.
5. Approve the implementation of a five (5) year technology plan for the County.
6. Review and update all computer and technological policies annually.
7. Review and update budget and accounting policies annually.
D. Sub Committees, Boards and Commissions:
1. Rural Industrial Development Commission.
a. Membership. The Rural Industrial Development Commission shall consist of seven (7) members that reflect the diversity of needs within the County. Ex Officio members include the President of the Village of Friendship, Mayor of the City of Adams, and all Chairpersons of all Town Boards within the County. The Commission shall consist of representatives from the following and shall be appointed by the County Board Chair and approved by the County Board:
1. Adams Columbia Electric Cooperative
2. Adams County Board Supervisor
3. Adams County Banks
4. Local Business Community
6. City of Adams
7. Village of Friendship
b. Duties and Responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. This is an advisory Commission, not a policy making Commission.
2. The Rural Industrial Development Commission shall elect annually a President, Vice-President, Recorder of the minutes, and Treasurer.
3. Act pursuant to the Rural Industrial Development Commission, Inc. bylaws approved by the County Board.
2. Revolving Loan Fund.
a. Membership. The Revolving Loan Fund shall be comprised of the Board of Directors of the Rural Industrial Development Commission.
b. Duties and Responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. This is an advisory Board, not a policy making Board.
2. Serve new and expanding businesses in Adams County
3. Provide gap financing
4. Encourage investment
5. Encourage creation of permanent, year round jobs
6. Encourage retention and expansion of existing businesses
7. Attract new business
8. Encourage development of modern industrial technology, and a safe, healthful work environment in Adams County.
- Technology Steering Committee. Purpose is to identify; areas where the investment in technology will be of the most value to the County, trends that may make technology more important to an area, and mandates, rulings, and guidelines that may make changes to infrastructure necessary, allowing balanced input into the overall future technology plans for Adams County Government.
Membership. The Technology Steering Committee will include 7members. The Committee members should be named as follows: Administrative Coordinator/Director of Finance or representative ((ad hoc member) anyone deemed necessary by the committee, appointed by the committee serving limited term,)) a member of GIS, Health and Human Services ((1) designated by the oversight committee), Public Safety & Judiciary ((1) designated by the oversight committee)) and (2)County Board Member (as designated/appointed by the County Board Chair)