A. Membership. The Executive Committee shall be comprised of five (5) County Board Supervisors, which shall consist of:
1. County Board Chair
2. First (1st) Vice Chair
3. Second (2nd) Vice Chair
4. Two (2) appointed County Board Supervisors at large.
A. Oversight. The Executive Committee shall confer and have policy-making responsibilities for the following Departments: Corporation Counsel, Personnel Director and Administrative Coordinator.
B. Duties and Responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Interview up to three (3) candidates recommended by the Executive Committee which shall include two (2) members of the Oversight Committee for appointment to the position of Department Head. The Executive Committee shall recommend an appointee for the position of Administrative Coordinator/Director of Finance, Corporation Counsel and Personnel Director to the County Board for confirmation.
2. Introduce Policy Resolutions that are not the responsibility of another committee or that affect the County Government as a whole.
3. Communication and liaison between all committees, municipalities and government units, to work out problems of mutual concern.
4. Review proposed state and local legislation concerning County Government and make recommendations.
5. Review, approve and update the County’s mission and goals.
6. Develop short and long range plans for the County.
7. Set parameters, goals, and give Policy directions to the Administrative Coordinator/Director of Finance, Corporation Counsel, and Personnel Director on collective bargaining issues. Prior to any contract being submitted to arbitration, the Corporation Counsel and Personnel Director shall meet with the Committee and discuss the status of negotiations and receive further direction.
8. All proposed union contracts shall be submitted to the Committee and County Board for final approval.
9. Reviews and recommends salaries, benefits and compensation structure for all personnel to the County Board for final approval.
Sub Committees, Boards, and Commissions. None.