A. Membership: The Land and Water Conservation Committee shall be comprised of (7) total members: (5) five County Board Supervisors, (2) two of which shall serve on the Extension Committee, and the (5) five same serve on the Planning & Zoning Committee, and (2) two citizen members, (1) one of which shall be a FSA Representative.
B. Oversight. The Land and Water Conservation Committee shall confer and have policy making responsibilities for the Land & Water Conservation.
1. Act with the powers of Chapter 92, Wisconsin Statutes, regarding soil and water conservation and animal waste management.
2. Act as the Land Conservation Committee pursuant to §92.07, Wisconsin Statutes and maintain all ordinances passed and in accordance therewith.
3. Supervision of operation and maintenance of County owned dams.
C. Sub Committees, Boards, and Commissions. The Land and Water Conservation Committee shall be responsible for interaction, communication and recommendations to the County Board with respect to the Drainage Board, Lake Districts, and Golden Sands Sub Committee.
1. Drainage Board.
a. Membership. Pursuant to §88.17, Wisconsin Statutes, the Drainage Board shall be comprised of three (3) members, which shall be appointed by the Adams County Circuit Court.
b. Duties and Responsibilities. The Drainage Board shall carry out all duties and responsibilities as specified in §88.17, Wisconsin Statutes.
2. Lake Districts.
1. The County Board Chair shall appoint a member or nominee of the County’s Land Conservation Committee as the County Board’s appointee
b. Duties and Responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities are set forth in §33.29 and §33.31, Wisconsin Statutes.
3. Golden Sands Committee.
a. Membership. The County Board Chair shall appoint one (1) County Board Supervisor that shall be a member from the Land & Water Committee to the Golden Sands Committee that member must sit on the Water Quality Sub Committee.
b. Oversight. Manage natural and human resources in ways consistent with sound conservation principles by working across county lines to address local concerns.
c. Duties and Responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. To develop and implement a program of resource conservation and development for Adams, Juneau, Marathon, Marquette, Monroe, Portage, Waupaca, Waushara, and Wood counties in an effort to conserve, develop and utilize natural resources and thereby improve general economic conditions.
2. To coordinate and assist in carrying out the local and regional development plans of other organizations and agencies.
To create a general awareness on the part of all people of the urgency and need for sustainable development, conservation and utilization of natural resources.