A. Membership. The Property Committee shall be comprised of five (5) members of the County Board for oversight of County owned property.
B. Oversight. The Property Committee shall confer and have policy making responsibilities as described below:
C. Duties and Responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. To maintain and keep in repair all public buildings and personal property owned and operated by Adams County, to allocate departmental space in all county buildings among all departments, excluding buildings operated by the Solid Waste Department, the Highway Department, the Parks, and the Dams to ensure and monitor the proper operation and management of all county owned property, both real and personal.
2. To cause to be prepared by all department heads full and accurate inventories of all personal property owned by Adams County in each department no later than the 20th of January of each year and to cause the same to be filed in the office of the Administrative Coordinator. This committee shall see that such departments keep a perpetual inventory of the county-owned property, and the committee shall make at least annual inspections of such property, including the county jail. All county surplus property shall be listed with the Property Committee. County surplus materials will be sold at Practical Cents with 20% of sale to be retained by Practical Cents, 80% of all computer related sales to be returned to MIS department budget as revenue, 80% of all other property to be returned to the furniture carryover account. (per resolution #48-2006) The committee shall consider, review and recommend the acquisition, lease, rent or sale of any real or personal county property for public uses or purposes, as required by law, to the County Board for approval pursuant to §59.52(6) of the Wis. Stats.
3. Appraise and advertise lands acquired by tax deed or by in rem proceedings, pursuant §75.14, Wisconsin Statutes. Recommends the sale or holding of any lands acquired by tax deed or in rem proceedings, requires approval of the County Board.
4. Hold a public auction periodically to dispose of surplus equipment and goods not sold through Practical Cents or any other county approved outlet.
5. The County Clerk is authorized to execute and sign any and all legal documents relating to sale and purchase of real or personal property.
6. Propose and approve contracts, leases, fees, expenditures or other agreements as necessary for the construction, improvement, equipment, maintenance, and operation of the Airport.
7. Review reports presented by the Airport Manager.
Sub Committees, Boards and Commissions. The Property Committee shall be responsible for interaction, communication and recommendations to the County Board of Supervisors with respect to the Airport Commission and Adams County Fairboard.