A. Membership. The Public Works Committee shall be comprised of five (5) County Board Supervisors.
B. Oversight. The Public Works Committee shall confer and have policy making responsibilities for the following: Highway, Solid Waste.
C. Duties and Responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as the Highway Commission pursuant to §83.015, Wisconsin Statutes.
- General policy making responsibility for the operations of the Solid Waste Department.
- Remain updated of changing legislation regarding waste disposal and recycling, and ensure County compliance.
D. Sub Committees, Boards, and Commissions. The Public Works Committee shall be responsible for interaction, communication and recommendations to the County Board with respect to the Traffic Safety Commission.
- Traffic Safety Commission.
a. Membership. The Traffic Safety Commission shall be comprised of the following:
(1) Highway Commissioner
(1) Sheriff or Chief Deputy
(2) County Highway Safety Coordinator
(3) One (1) representative designated by the County Board Chair from each of the disciplines of education, medicine, and law
(4) Three (3) representatives involved in law enforcement, highways, and highway safety
a. Duties and Responsibilities. Include but are not limited to:
(1) Meet at least quarterly to review traffic accident data from the County and other traffic safety related matters, and carryout all other duties pursuant to 83.013
(2) Upon review, the Commission shall make written recommendation for any corrective action it deems appropriate to the Department of Transportation, County Board, Public Works Committee or any other appropriate branch of local government.
(3) Committee shall file a report on each meeting with the Department of Transportation.
(4) The Department of Transportation shall furnish each commission with traffic accident data and uniform traffic citation data for the rural, federal, state and county highways in the jurisdictions represented in each Commission, which shall identify the accident rates and arrest rates on their highways, and shall also furnish a suitable map for use in spotting accidents.