In order to obtain a temporary plate you must possess the following:
· $3.00 temporary plate fee
· $69.50 registration fee
· 5.5% sales tax on purchase amount of vehicle
· Lien release If secured party on title
· $75.00 license plate fee (truck plate fees vary depending on weight)
· A separate $5.00 counter fee
Temporary plates are good for a period of 3 months and cannot be used for heavy vehicles (trucks, motor homes, trailers, etc). Registrations are mailed in weekly. It takes 6-8 weeks or longer to obtain your registration. All minors must have their parent/legal guardian signature notarized on back of the registration form.
Temporary plates can also be obtained for vehicles that are going to be registered/titled in another state. In those cases the plates are given out for 30 days, only a $3.00 fee and a $5.00 counter fee.