A day use fee is required at all Adams County Parks and public accesses, unless you are a registered camper. Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have a designated swimming area, boat launch, modern playground equipment, heated shower/restroom facilities, disposal station, and visitor/registration station with concession and firewood available, game room, shelter buildings and boat slip rentals. Access to sanitary dump station for watercraft is also available.
Reservations require a Non-Refundable Reservation Fee, a Minimum of 2 night stay with a maximum of 2 weeks stay, by contacting the Park Directly; Petenwell Park at 608-564-7513 and Castle Rock Park at 608-339-7713. Camping reservation cancellations require a minimum of 30 days notice to receive a refund. Most campsites are on a first come basis - select sites are reservable.
Allowable Camping Units:
- Petenwell Park 500
- Castle Rock Park 200
Petenwell Park - 160 acres with expansion to 200 acres
Castle Rock Park - 70 acres with expansion to 130 acres
Sanitation: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have modern heated shower/restroom facilities and vault type pit toilets cleaned daily.
Picnic Tables: Petenwell Park 500, Castle Rock Park 200
Water Sources: Petenwell and Castle Rock Parks have state approved electric and handpump wells. Water hookups to many campsites.
Camping Rates 2016 $5.00 Non-Refundable Camping Reservation Fee
- $ 17.00 - Premium site - Tent w/o electric - Nightly
- $ 20.00 - Premium site - Tent w/electric - Nightly
- $ 97.00 - Premium site - Tent w/o electric - Weekly
- $108.00 - Premium site - Tent w/electric - Weekly
- $ 15.00 - Tent w/o electric - Nightly
- $ 18.00 - Tent w/ electric - Nightly
- $ 85.00 - Tent w/o electric - Weekly
- $ 95.00 - Tent w/electric - Weekly
- $200.00 - Tent w/ or w/o electric - Monthly
- $ 19.00 - Premium site - Camper w/o electric - Nightly
- $ 25.00 - Premium site - Camper w/electric - Nightly
- $137.00 - Premium site - Camper w/ or w/o electric - Weekly
- $285.00 - Premium site - Camper w/electric - Monthly - April 15 to October 15
- $125.00 - Premium site - Camper October 16 to April 14 - + $5.00 per night of use for electric, not to exceed 60 nights of usage.
- $ 17.00 - Camper w/o electric nightly
- $ 22.00 - Camper w/ electric nightly
- $ 120.00 -Camper w/or w/o electric weekly
- $255.00 - Campers Monthly w/ or w/o electric - April 15th to October 15th
- $125.00 - Campers Monthly - October 15th to April 15th (effective April 15, 2016)
- $ 5.00 - Camper Electric nightly - October 15th to April 15th, not to exceed 60 nights of usage.
Day User Fee (non camping)
- 1/$20.00 or 2/$30.00 - Season day use sticker, purchased at the same time
- $ 5.00 - Day use - per vehicle per day
- 1/$15.00 or 2/$20.00- Season day use sticker w/o boat launch use/Senior Citizens only, 65+
- $ 5.00 - Dump station - non-camper fee (day or season pass does not include dumping)
Season Stickers are available at these locations: Petenwell Park, Castle Rock Park, Pritzl's Store, Wagon Wheel Campground, Parks Administration Office (Courthouse)
Available for Reunions, Weddings, Birthday/Graduation Parties, etc. Shelter reservation cancellations require a 45 day notice to receive a refund.
Shelter Reservations: Contact the Parks Administration Office at 608-339-4230. Shelter buildings include picnic tables, electrical outlets, and a refrigerator. Grills, restrooms, and water are nearby (Group count include children).
Shelter Rates 2016
- Petenwell Park - $25.00/day for groups less than 50 - $50.00 per day for groups of 50 or more
- Castle Rock Park - $30.00/day for groups less than 50 - $60.00 per day for groups of 50 or more
- Patricks Lake - $25.00/day for groups less than 50 - $50.00 per day for groups of 50 or more
- Arrowhead - $25.00/day for groups less than 50 - $50.00 per day for groups of 50 or more
Seasonal Boat Slip Reservations: On a first come basis beginning January 1, for the current year, by calling the Park directly. Petenwell Park at 608-564-7513 and Castle Rock Park at 608-339-7713. Seasonal Boat Slip Reservation Cancellations require a minimum 30 day notice to receive a refund. Renting a seasonal slip one year does not automatically guarantee a slip for the following year. Monthly, weekly, and daily boat slip rentals are available on a first come basis will only be accepted at the park, at the time of use, reservations are not accepted for these slips.
Boat Slip Rates for 2016
- $665.00 - Seasonal Slip
- $220.00 - Monthly Slip w/o camping
- $110.00 - Monthly Slip w/ monthly camping
- $ 16.00 - Daily Slip w/o daily camping
- $ 8.00 - Daily Slip w/ daily camping
- $ 72.00 - Weekly Slip w/o camping
- $ 36.00 - Weekly Slip w/ weekly camping
No multi-boat slip discounts - All rates subject to change