..:: Departments » Veterans Service ::..   Login
 Veterans Services Office Minimize

108 E. North Street
P.O. Box 474
Friendship, WI 53934

(608) 339-4221

Stephen Dykes
Veterans Service Officer

 Change to Adams County Veterans Grant from the
Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affair does not cover Grave Marker Flags.
Memorial Day is just around the corner and in the past the County Veterans Service Office would make an annual purchase of $2,000 for Grave Marker Flags which was in addition to the required purchase of the Bronze/Aluminum Flag Holders and flags that are a one-time issue to the deceased veteran’s family.
The average Flag Holder cost around $35.95 not including shipping and handling so as you can see with the amount of Veterans that pass away annually this office already pays quite a lot of money and this does not even include the money that we pay for Veterans Care of Graves.
The recent change to the WDVA Grant has put me in a position to choose to either fund the Grave Marker Flag Fund or the Needy Veterans Grant Fund and I have chosen to fund the Needy Veterans Grant Fund.
I have discussed a plan of action with the Veterans Service Commission of Adams County and the Chairman Scott Colburn is in the process off contacting the cemetery officials.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Stephen J. Dykes
Adams County Veterans Service Officer
P.O. Box 474
Friendship, WI 53934
Phone: (608) 339-4221/4398
Fax:        (608) 339-4574

Bulletin CVSO 1034.pdf

 Veterans Services Officer Minimize


The duties of the Veterans Services Officer are to assist all veterans and eligible dependents in the application and administration of all available programs from the United States and Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs.  This includes appeal action relative to the denial of benefits.  The Officer may also make referrals to other agencies to insure that all possible assistance is provided.  The Officer serves as secretary to the Veterans Service commission, receives and completes necessary investigation regarding applications for emergency assistance from the Commission and obtains their decision.  The Officer maintains records on County Veterans who have registered their discharges with the Register of Deeds Office.  Copies of all business conducted within the department are maintained in the veterans file.

1.  Always ensure that your military discharge (DD-214) is recorded in the Register of Deeds Office in a County Courthouse.
2.  Check out Veterans Benefits and Programs at least once per year to learn about changes and your entitlement eligibility.
3.  Contact us anytime you have any questions regarding State and/or Federal Veterans Benefits.


Copyright (c) 2017 Adams County   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement