Because we want you to know.....
Changes will transpire in 2012 related to the Election Process.
A photo ID will be required at the Spring Primary in February of 2012. To obtain a ballot one must show proof of identification.
Some acceptable ID’s consist of:
· A Wisconsin DoT-issued driver license
· A Wisconsin DoT-issued identification card
· An identification card issued by a U.S. uniformed service
· A U.S. passport
If expired it must have expired AFTER the general election held in November of 2010.
At the Polls…
when voting in person you will be asked to:
· STATE your name & address
· SHOW your ID
· SIGN your name on the poll list
Exemptions from the ID requirements:
Alternative options are available for absentee voters that fall into one of the below listed categories.
· Indefinitely confined
· Live in a nursing home
· Other care facility (residents who have ballots delivered by a special voting deputy)
By contacting your local clerk, the Adams County Clerk’s Office (608) 339-4200 or the Government Accountability Board 1-866-868-3947 you will obtain detailed information related to these exemptions.
Please don’t hesitate to call Cindy Phillippi, Adams County Clerk at (608) 339-4200 with any questions or concerns you may have.